This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

speed sensor 2 v4.10 does sync with GC but does not record any ride

Hi All,

after having problems with the speed sensor with v4.00 which was ending recording of rides and generating multiple rides, with the update to v4.10 issue seemed to be solved.

New feature of v4.10 is also that forcing a synch from the GC app this was downloading the last ride data (before you needed to wait about 5min before the ride data file was "closed" and available for downloading)

Since few days I had a problem: after a ride I've forced the sync of the speed sensor but the green ring displaying the sync process was never reaching the full circle and restarting from the begin and on the device list I saw that the sensor was costantly connecting and disconnecting.

Therefore I've decided to remove the device from the GC app and reconnect it.

Now the sensor is synching properly but no data is transferred, like no ride would have happened...

Today I've discovered that on the web based Garmin Connect the sensor was never synched after the day when I had the trouble... So I'm wondering what's happening here...

I'm running the GC mobile app on iOS 16.2

• I may be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but the speed sensor shouldnt log any rides.

It should just transmit the speed signal.

I would suggest removing the speed sensor from your list of bluetooth devices on your phone, remove it from the Garmin Connect App as well and also your cycle computer/GPS Unit. Then only reconnect the Speed Sensor 2 to your cycle computer/GPS unit.

Your speed will be provided by the speed sensor and the cycle computer/GPS unit will log/upload your rides etc

I hope that helps.

• You are wrong.

Please first inform yourself about a thing you want to write about and then post your text. 

Otherwise it makes no sense and doesn't help anybody.

• I'm experiencing a similar behavoir with my Speed Sensor 2. But mine is only recording as itself sees fit. Today it only recorded 1out of 4 trips, the days before only half of the trips done.

Before that I suddenly noticed  no distance logging  with Firmware 4.0. After updating to 4.1 it appered to be working again.

Disconnecting and reconnecting from/to GC App and phone, renewal of battery and taking out of battery for more than 5 minutes didn't change any behavior. Oddly, when connected to GC App, the Firmware is displayed with '0', but it states it's up to date.

The sensor blinks a few times green, when the battery is inserted, but once its attached to the rear axle and that rotates, no green blinking is to be seen. But still the GC App connects and sometimes gets a logged trip.

Does someone have an explenation or even solution for this?

• The Speed Sensor 2 has the ability to record activites. When used alone, speed sensor 2 will automatically start recording a ride after 15 seconds of the wheel continuously spinning, and stop recording that ride after 4 minutes of the wheel not spinning.

Newer Speed Sensors (2019 and newer) do not log acvities if paired to a Garmin Device.
  • I have the same problem; Firmware is displaed as 0 in the app. No recorded rides at all (when NOT connected to GPS devices). With GPS device everything seems fine. I feel that the app tries to sync data but fails after a couple of seconds, reconnects and starts all over.