This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1030plus speed display turns red - speed data very inaccurate

Dear Garmin community,

I have been using the Garmin 1030plus for about 2 months. A couple of times it happened that the speed display turned red all of a sudden (and there was a small text on the display, but I forgot what it was. I think it was something like "you are behind the course" or something along those lines. I wasn't using any special feature at that moment, and just following a normal gpx route which I loaded and used many other times with no problem)...., and in both instances the recorded average speed turned out to be much slower. One time I was cycling with a friend and she had 24km/h as average speed... and I was predominantly going at the same speed or faster. But my Garmin recorded my average speed at 13km/h. It's simply not possible and seems way off...

Any idea what might be causing this bug? Does my speed sensor have a problem? should I change the battery in the speed sensor?

The battery on my Garmin unit was pretty full when I had those issues.

Any suggestion is welcome

• If you are using a speed sensor, then check the wheel size setting.

• thanks. I am using a speed sensor. But I am not sure if it is paired correctly. Thanks for the suggestion. In fact I just put it on the bike and turned the wheel... the light on the sensor was flashing. And I thought it was automatically connected. But maybe I have to connect it manually and pair it to the Garmin. Otherwise it might just be using the GPS speed instead of the sensor?

• The sensor needs to be paired to the garmin edge. You can check if it is paired and connected somewhere in the settings on your 1030.