This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed Sensor 2 - Software v4.0

Garmin, what is the reason for software version 4.0 for being pulled, is there another version being released soon?

• Same disconnected problem over here when updating speed sensor from v2.30 to v 4.00   Tried a number of times, no go. Then tried Goughie's bypass of removing the sensor from the bike, away from other sensors. Worked the first time I tried! Maybe the update process gets confused when other speed sensors that also need this update are in the neighborhood of the one that you want to update? Anyway, thanks Goughie!

• Can you tell if the update solved the problem with the different time between the speed sensor and the coupled device? Because of this, two copies of the same activity were saved but with different time of day..

• Mine finally completed and restarted but when I check the sensor details it still says 2.30 as the software version. It seems to have stopped pestering me and the speed data seems accurate so I have no idea what’s going on with it.

• I have two Speed Sensor 2 (on road and mountain bike).

On one of them (about a month ago), the firmware was updated from version 2.30 to 4.0 (via EDGE 530).
    But I still have 2.30 on the second sensor and the newer version is not offered.

Don't know where the problem might be?

Thanks

• Mine was stuck on 2.30 with Garmin Connect showing it as up to date, which confused me as lots of others had been receiving the update

The RemoteSW folder on the edge contains things like sensor updates & mine had 3 GCD files in there. I took a punt & renamed all the files; changing the GCD to BCK & synced with Garmin Express, which put another GCD file in there.

When I disconnected the edge, booted & connected the speed sensor, I was prompted me to update, 

• Thanks for the advice, I'll try it this weekend when I have both Speed sensors with me and let you know.

• Have the same issue. Telephone is an iphone 8 if that matters.

As soon as I click on update on the Garmin cycle computer the telephone states: Connection to Garmin lost.

For me this looks like a "must-fail": how can it download an update if the connection to the phone stops as soon as the update starts?

• Figured out the solution: The sensor has to be awake. So regularly spinning the wheel (the one with the sensor ;-) helped. The sensor has to be awake at time of starting the update and may not fall asleep before the update is done.

• So i had the same update failed message after several attempts, so I turned blue tooth of, got the bike and phone and my 1030 plus as close to the Wi-Fi as possible and tried again, this time it worked ??

• I have the same issue. But the Garmin-site says that the software is not longer availalble.