This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed Sensor 2 - Software v4.0

Garmin, what is the reason for software version 4.0 for being pulled, is there another version being released soon?

• I updated two speed sensors on the first try, no problems.  The third sensor seemed to be going ok until a text message came through, which of course my phone BT sent to the 530.  That text seemed to interrupt the download.  The next attempt worked, but I too had to reboot my Edge 530 to get that speed sensor to reconnect and verify 4.0.  All three are now working fine on 4.0.

• Garmin, any news on the version 4.0 release of will there be a new version?

• Thanks for guidance Goughie.  I had similar problems with my 1030 updating first thru my phone and then thru my home wifi.  Seems you need a strong cell signal for it to take the update. Once I took it off the bike and brought it into my house, i expected it to upload - nope! Finally I turned off my phone blue tooth (must be fighting with the wifi and poor cell service) and it updated in 2 minutes.  Great! But then i saw a Sensor Restart count up that stalled at 74%.  So i put it back on the wheel, spun it, and checked the banner that said Successful Software Update and everything disappeared back to normal.  Seems good but test ride today.

• I removed the sensor from the wheel and it's rubber case. I put the sensor on the garmin edge 830 and it finally updated.

This is after multiple failed attempts, even getting the Edge on the floor next to the wheel. Maybe the rubber cover causes issues?

• Is there a changelog for this update? Garmin usually adds those to these forums so it's surprising I haven't seen any yet.

• I still haven't been offered the V4.0 update. GCM & GC shows my sensor f/w as up to date at v2.30

• For those having trouble with the update,  this is what worked for me after many many many Connection Failed stops (keeping in mind the real solution may be just keep trying and eventually anything will work).

1) Took sensor off bike 2) Turned BT off on my phone so GC wouldn't interfere 3) Turned on Edge 1030 4) Twiddled sensor in my fingers until it connected 5) Went into sensor settings on the Edge and started update 6) Continued twiddling until update completed (about 1-2 minutes)

ETA:  Also made sure it was the only sensor connected at the time

Hope that helps.

• Thank you for your advice.. but hey Garmin, what about those who have no Edge? Many many times they really make me wonder about their software development processes :-(

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to richajodoinKoS

After updating to 4.0, the speed also sometimes doubles when no pedaling Disappointed