This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Which cycling equipment would you prioritize purchasing first?

Hello there, I was just curious. What cycling accessory do you think you should get first? I currently just have a cheap but functional GPS bike computer that can connect to ANT+ accessories, so what would you recommend I buy first?

Sensor for speed? Sensor for cadence? Is there a heart rate monitor?

• 1. power meter (if you can afford it)

2. HR monitor

3. cadence sensor

4. speed sensor

• Check your cheap but functional GPS bike computer specs first. ANT+ support does not mean that you can connect any type sensor.

I would start with HR sensor if supported. PM is great but of limited usage if not backed with HR data (unless you are very good at assessment of your perceived exertion).

• Agreed. First point of call is a heart rate strap. Grab a good quality one like the Polar H10 or the top Garmin one. Then worry about power meter. If you get a good power meter you likley won't need a cadence sensor. Speed sensor is only marginally useful as I think the data they provide is a bit a dodgy from my experience. That said, speed sensors aren't very expensive.