This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect / Edge 520+HRM vs Fenix 6 Pro different HR

Hi all, 

I have a new Fenix 6Pro and am loving it - however today I wore it during a bike ride for the frist time. I also connected my Garmin Chest HRM to the Fenix, as well as to my Edge as usual.

The Edge showed the correct HR as always, the Fenix rarely correlated and was waaaay low. When I finished the activity I would expect the Activity to override the data from the Fenix in the Connect app. In the screenshot below you see the HR profile for today - even though the activity recorded with my Edge is 2hrs long and Avg HR of 150 it does not update to the correct data.

How can I correct the data to show the HR of the Activity? And how do I prevent this from happening again? Do I just leave the Fenix at home when going for a rider?

Thanks and have great holidays.

• Unfortunately it seems that Fenix watches don't reliably connect to HRM sensors while not recording an activity. Like it may connect for a few minutes, but then drops the connection and reverts to the wrist optical sensor. And the optical sensor tends to read way low for bike rides, perhaps due to gripping the handlebars.

I think you can prevent this from happening by starting a bike activity on the Fenix at the same time. That way it will pick up the HRM sensor. Then just discard that activity at the end of the ride instead of saving it.