This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Phishing website after using support interface

Hi!

I'm currently having a battery issue on my HRM-Tri, the battery drains in a few days instead of the expected 8 months or so.

I wanted to contact the Garmin support but had a super weird issue. I logged in to my Garmin account (or so I thought), clicked my way to a support form which I filled to describe my problem. Quickly after that, I get an email from someone that tells me I should have respected the "correct" procedure to change the battery, and he goes to explain the procedure, including short-circuiting the band. I got super suspicious of course and replied with a link to the Garmin video where it shows the battery replacement procedure, and asking them some proof they are from Garmin, and no reply anymore.

Is this a phishing scam? Do I risk something that someone probably got access to all my Garmin data (I realize it contains a ton of personal stuff with geolocalization)? Anyone had a similar experience?