This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cadence and Speed Sensor 2 detection issue with my PC+Bluetooth dongle

Hello,

I've just received the two sensors "Cadence and Speed Sensor 2" but have issue with my PC (Windows 10) to detect the two sensors.
I have Cambridge Silicon Radio USB/Bluetooth dongle (CSR8510 A10). The latter is working fine and detects my bluetooth earphones and other devices.
Cadence and Speed Sensor 2 are detectable by: my Garmin 6 pro smart watch, my smartphone, my laptop via Bluetooth..
I measured the voltage level of the sensors' batteries and it seems okey: 2.99 to 3.00 volt.

What is going on? is there any clue please?

Thank you

• The sensors are not Bluetooth, they are Bluetooth LE, also called Bluetooth Smart or just BLE. It is a significant difference. While your watch, your smartphone, and - as it appears - your laptop as well, are all BLE capable, the dongle probably isn't, and is just regular Bluetooth.

• Hello,

Thank you for your reply..

I thought that BLE is Bluetooth compatible knowing that my USB/Bluetooth dongle is bluetooth v4.0. And As per- Dual-mode Bluetooth/Bluetooth low energy operationpdf document and from "Key Product Features" section" it tells the following: 

- Dual-mode Bluetooth/Bluetooth low energy operation

- High-sensitivity Bluetooth and Bluetooth low energy receiver

Do I need another USB/Bluetooth BLE dongle for my case? or Do I need to look for another driver for my USB dongle (CSR8510 A10)?

Thank you for your help.

• I thought that BLE is Bluetooth compatible knowing that my USB/Bluetooth dongle is bluetooth v4.0

Devices that have bluetooth 4.0, but with no BLE capability are rare, but do exist.

Do I need another USB/Bluetooth BLE dongle for my case? or Do I need to look for another driver for my USB dongle (CSR8510 A10)?

I'm sorry, I do not know.