This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Import of gpx-file doesn't work

Import of gpx-files doesn't work. A get message the file could not transfered. I have tried several different gpx-files.

RCR-Säterbo-Tyringe.zip

• Try the 'RCR-Säterbo-Tyringe_v2.gpx'. It imported without error for me.

RCR-Säterbo-Tyringe_v2.zip

Garmin Connect has certain expectations of the headers of a GPX files. All I did was open your file and then save under a new name using a GPX editor whose GPX headers I know work with Garmin Connect.

• Thanks for your answer.

I thought gpx-files always had a standard configuration.
    I shall try to resave the file with a gpx-editor.

But you should not need to do this.

I also found workaround by loading the gpx-file via usb connection between PC-Edge. And Edge did load it without any problem.

• I too load GPX files directly to my Edge. Another benefit of doing this, besides the Edge being more tolerant on the format of the GPX file, is the elevation data in the GPX file being preserved.

If the GPX is imported via Garmin Connect the elevation data from the GPX file is replaced with DEM elevation data. If your physical track of your route has high bridges, deep cuttings, and tunnels, this replacement of the recorded elevation with DEM elevation is a problem.

• I found I have used wrong import function. I tried to use the cloud import function, which says it can import gpx-files, but that doesn't work.
    Instead you shall use the the import function on the track page, which I didn't notice before.
    And now I have no problems with import of gpx-files via GC.