This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GSC 10 Battery Cover Needed

I lost the battery cover to my GSC 10 cadence sensor and wanted to see if anybody has one lying around? I contacted Garmin but they said they no longer have spare parts. I'd be happy to pay postage and honestly just thrilled if I could find one. 

Cheers,

Kyle 

404-985-2737 text

• I lost the battery cover to my GSC 10 cadence sensor and wanted to see if anybody has one lying around? I contacted Garmin but they said they no longer have spare parts. I'd be happy to pay postage and honestly just thrilled if I could find one. 

• hola! I ran into this problem about a month ago.

The battery doesn't need positive/negative battery terminals for it to work. It just needs to be firmly in place. (The system will work even if you stick your finger in the open cavity and just hold the battery.)  

I ended up stacking 5 pennies together to fill the hole, then wrapped them all tightly with electrical tape to secure. That setup worked fine for the past month (approx 3 rides a week, 20-45mi each).

Recently reconfigured with about a half inch of cardboard instead of pennies (to save weight, haha) and electrical tape (to keep it water tight). Again, worked flawlessly.

I too called Garmin for help. They don't have the part, suggested I upgrade to their new sensors. (My guy also gave the option of going 3rd party.) I have two bikes with GSC-10. Since 2014, I've had to upgrade computers more than I've had to deal with sensor problems. I like 'em. I'll keep it going 'til I can't no more.

And, yes, I've ridden in rain a couple times with no issues. Shout out to @CKSPARKS! Hope this helps someone.

Happy rolling

• Hi laguiono,

Thanks for your reply!....
    I am encouraged by what you have said ...

In fact, I did do a similar thing to you by finding a plastic cover from another similar device that did not fit properly but I also put in a cardboard spacer and then used a small elastic band to hold the cover on....It has worked so far....!

I will continue with this as long as ti continues to work, but would still REALLY appreciate if anyone has an old GSC10 that can sell me the battery cover!!!.....

Thanks again for your suggestions!!!