This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ebike remote compatible with Ebike Motion X35?

Hi all,

Can’t find this answer anywhere. I know you can buy a dongle for the X35 and get ANT + to work for Edge models, but does the Ebike remote work on Bluetooth or Ant+ or both? 

Thank you in advance,

Steve 

• Hi 
    my girlfriend bought bike with x35 and I was able to connect my Garmin edge 530 with it only there is limit of details to show on data field - from Ebike I had only:
    Asist Mode - works only show values 0 - 2 - 4 -7  depends on mode ,

shifting advice - doesn't work - because shifting is manual 
    Ebike Battery - works fine shipping same value as phone app 
    travel range - same as above

only on phone app cadence is available but Ebike data filed doest read it form x35 :-( 

• I have a 2021 Orbea Gain M30 which has ANT+ connectivity built in

I can't seem to get my Edge 520 to find it, when I go to add sensor I do not fid the e bike option in the list...

as far as I know it's on the current SW version 13.20

I have managed to get the Ebike field from JanCapek and it shows the battery % and current assist level

but It would be nice to get the speed sensor displayed on the garmin too, and does it have a cadence sensor built in to the EX35?

remaining miles would be nice too 

is there a list of which edge models are compatible with this? I've seem posts saying the 830 and 1030 both work fine, but the 1000 doesn't work. would that maybe mean that the model number has to end in...30 for it to work?

• Motion x35 according their web works only through bluetooth 

"

Is the x35 compatible with Garmin or any other ciclocomputer?

Our X35 system is compatible only with devices with Bluetooth 4.0 or higher. However, there are some devices using specific Bluetooth protocols such as Ant+, Smart… but we do not have connectivity with these specific protocols yet.

"

waiting for edge 130 plus to check if it will work with x35 

• which devices have bluetooth 4.0?

• good question I didn't found on Garmin page exact specification with bluetooth version for any edge :-( 

• but as bluetooth 4.0 is from 2010 so I assume that all devices released after 2010 will support at least 4.0 version 

• @ Marek how do you connect your 530 to the EX35?  when you go to "select sensors" and scroll down does the 530 have the "ebike" option? and then when you add that do you just get a full data screen with all the info from the bikes sensors?

• after selecting sensor i just search for new one and found ebike 
    then, after connection it automatically was added new activity profile ebike 

on which I have ebike metric data screen 
    and when I edit my data screen I can add field from ebike category (Assist mode, Shifting advice, eBike battery, travel range)

• When I go to

> sensors

>add sensor

I have the following options:

Search all (tried this it says wake up sensor to connect, with the bike switched on I spin the cranks and the motor works but nothing happens on the Garmin, it won't find anything)

and the rest of the options I have are

Cadence, Edge remote, Heart rate, Indoor trainer, Light, Power, Radar, Shifting, Shimano Di2, Speed/Cadence, Speed, Varia Vision, VIRB, Weight Scale

I've tried a few from there and none seem to connect

would be great if someone would be able to confirm if the 520 is even able to connect to the EX35's sensors so I can add the data into my data screens.

or If not, which Garmins will work with it? I think the 130 or 130 plus would do all I need 

• strange that you do not have ebike in sensor search result 

I was using edge 530 and it connect with ebike using bluetooth 

Im expecting to get today edge 130plus so will check also with this one - hope there want be a issue 

and maybe 520 doesn't have bluetooth or doesn't connect sensors using it ? as ex35 support only bluetooth :-(