This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Maps for backcountry riding/trails

Hello Everyone, I am pretty new to biking computers and recently purchased an 830. It has been great for road rides and navigating routes I built in Connect. However, I am also interested in the mapping capabilities of the Edge on more backcountry forest riding. I live in the Southeastern US and we have hundreds of miles of old forest roads that can make for some pretty epic days! I know the 830 comes with the Trailforks map embedded, but most of these roads/trails are not even on Trailforks. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for additional maps to download/purchase that will have this type of resolution on them? 

I have read the openmtbmaps is a good one, but are there any others? I checked out Komoot, and it has more roads/trails than Trailforks, but still doesn't have them all. Thanks for any help! 

• Komoot maps are based on OpenStreetMaps. If you edit OSM maps at openstreetmap.org (apply new trails based on uploaded gpx files of your forest rides), your new trails will appear in Komoot after about 30-40 days.