This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge Remote still not fully programmable in V 7.0?

What is the problem with adding functionality to change the buttons to actually do what you want them to do? I’m happy with the page scrolling function. Beyond that, on my mountain bike, the other two buttons are useless. By all accounts very few people use the lap button and I would imagine no one on a casual muddy mountain bike ride would. 

if I could choose I would have the other two buttons zoom in and out of the map. Is this really such a far out idea?

• far out idea since Garmin will never listen to people's requests...

• Maybe you should contact Garmin. 

• Bought an Edge Remote a few weeks ago to be used with my Edge 1030 Plus. Discovered the same as rograt described a few month ago. The fix programed lap button is indeed pretty useless for most people.

On the other hand, the most wanted but missed on the Remote function is the map zooming function. Bringing this to a Remote Control button would increase security a lot (leaving the hands on the handlebar) and would be very helpful while riding with gloves. Since this a pure software/firmware issue and not really a difficult one, one cannot understand why Garmin did not yet implemented this.

I wrote to Garmin about these potential feature enhancements. Since companies only listen to "loud" and continuous feedback, everyone should write to them about the issue and request the same.

Garmin - Having an Idea:  https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/