This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UT800 mounting options, difference Universal Out-Front and Flush Out-Front Mounts?

Hi,

I am currently using the Flush Out-Front mount with my Edge 1030 and UT800, but recently experiencing some slippage of the mount and it slips ever so slightly downwards.

Now looking to replace the mount, and see that there is also the Universal Out-Front mount.

Spoke to Garmin chat who say that the mount I am currently using (Flush Out-Front Mount) is NOT compatible and maybe that is why I am getting slippage?

Anyone have any advise on this?

Thanks

• Did they say the Flush Out Front Mount is not compatible with the UT800? Can anyone who’s had both the Flush and Universal versions of the Out Front Mount comment? A related question would be whether the Universal Out Front Mount would accommodate the Charge Power Pack?

• Strange, the flush out front mount that came with my Edge 1030 Plus works perfectly with my Varia UT800.  There is no movement whatsoever. Are you using the appropriate rubber? I have the GoPro Pro Handle bar mount (the pro metal version) that fits my stem perfectly but not my handle bars, so Garmin got that width right for my setup anyway.

I also use the universal (thicker and shorter) mount to hold my Virb Ultra 30 (I really want to ditch this 2nd mount and use a dual adapter for the light and camera off the bottom of the flush mount, just looking for an aluminium dual adapter)

I don’t see why the extended battery won’t play nice with the universal mount. How long will your single ride be without a charge?