This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cadence cutoff or 30s Average MIN/MAX

Hi Garmin Team,
I'm riding/descending with my left (non-driveside) foot in the rear, where usually you also position your Speed&Cadence-Sensor.
This frequently results in abnormal high max. Cadence values as it triggers the sensor mutliple times when you raise/lower your foot a bit while coasting over bumps.

Its especially a problem on my MTB but also on my Gravelbike

would be nice to have cutoff-values for min and max Cadence, located in your profile settings in Garmin Connect or on your Device so you get an better average on your actual pedaling (without averaging in the coasting time and those errors)

otherwise a MIN 30s AVG and a MAX 30s AVG would be awsome (so you see when you are dropping to low, putting strain on your knees or actually making progress on spinning faster)

Using Edge 130 and Vivoactive 4s

Greets Lea

• I don't have an answer for you, but I feel your pain.  I frequently see 180+rpm cadence max spikes on both MTB and gravel bike rides, almost always in technical sections.

I had been thinking it was bouncing related, but I like your theory better about it being a result of backpedaling when avoiding pedal strikes or clocking the pedals for a technical bit.