This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed and cadence sensor failed to pair

I have the new combo of speed and cadence sensor 2, but I cannot pair them or seem to make them work.

On the Garmin connect app I clicked on Garmin Devices > Add Device

Next it shows: Ready to connect your Speed Sensor 2, I click Connect it...

Next you can read: Connecting your Speed Sensor 2... Completing setup of your Speed Sensor 2 device

And then it fails, Pairing Failed: Unable to pair your Garmin device.

Even if I click Retry multiple times does not work. I got stock on these steps and cannot make any progress.

I changed the batteries of both sensors, they are brand new.

I clicked forget the device, turned on and off bluetooth multiple times, uninstalled and installed the Garmin Connect App again, nothing works.

• Does your smartphone have Bluetooth 4.0, i.e., Bluetooth Smart? If not then you might have to use an Edge device so that the data flows from the Sensors to the Edge xxx to the Connect app on your phone.

• I´m using an iphone 11 Pro

Yesterday I was able to pair the sensors with Zwiff, however this app says there is no signal, I guess they are not transmitting any data.

I´m starting to think these are defective

• I am having the same exact issue. I have went through Garmin support, and that is taking forever, and not very productive when the maker of a device just defaults to "just use the head unit."

I have waited patiently for the forums to come back up, hoping to find answers here, but since this topic is 25 days old, with similar answer to Garmin support, I am losing faith in this company. 

Garmin says the sensor will record your ride. Like, if I go out without bothering to kit up or bring phone or head unit, I want that ride recorded. But, since I cannot sync to phone, that feature is useless. 

If it cannot do what it says on the tin, then it is defective. Take it back to the shop. Tell them to make it work, replace it, or refund it.

EDIT: I took my sensor back to the shop. They could not get it to work on their phones, either. I thought they would just replace it. Nope. They told me to check back with them in about 10 to 15 business days. Seriously? I have a rather pricey head unit I cannot use for 2 to 3 weeks because they are too cheap to replace a $40 sensor?

I had to get the bundle, that came with an HRM that, surprise, does not work. Don't care about that. My Polar works just fine. 

I was warned not to buy Garmin. Now, I know why. 

• I already returned my sensors. They never worked and I wasted 2 weeks of time reading forums, watching troubleshooting videos, etc. 

I have Wahoo sensors now. They worked like a charm since the very first time. 
    Batteries were brand new and working, They come with a great installation kit and they pair with multiple devices in seconds, they transmit data consistently while cycling. 
    I’m not buying Garmin products ever again. 

• I am wishing I had bought Wahoo to begin with. But they are not available in Taiwan except through Amazon. 

Garmin has taken *** service to epic highs. I got my sensor back (3 weeks!) and it STILL doesn't work. They said it is a software issue and should be remedied in an upcoming update. When I asked when, they said a few months. What the actual hell? 

I ended up buying another sensor a week or so ago. [make a deal with the devil, you have to see it through] and it works. No software issue or anything. 

Again, why not just replace the damn thing? Giving me back an item that does not work, WHEN IT IS UNDER WARRANTY, is akin to saying. "Damn, that sucks for you." 

• Total POS! could never get the device to sync with iphone.  Wasted way too much time on this, and the internet is full of complaints.  I guess when you are #1, you really don't care.  Bought Wahoo cadence and speed sensor.  They connected right up.  As a new cyclist, I will not be buying a garmin computer.  Garmin watch yes, everything else; nope!