This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cadence/Speed sensors: Remove Before Washing Bike?

Are Cadence and/or Speed sensors okay to leave on while washing the bike?  Are they able to handle water directly coming from a water hose, or they need to be removed prior to washing the bike?

• Well, too late for any answer now, as I can't stand looking at my dirty bike.  I took a leap of faith and washed the bike without removing the speed and cadence sensors.  Will update this post as soon as I learn if they're water resistant or not.

• Answering the question I posted.  Yes, both Cadence and Speed sensors can take a good dousing of water during bike washing. Just returned from a 2-hour ride and the sensors performed normally.  I could hypothesize that these sensors are water resistant, but not waterproof.  It can handle splashing and maybe a few seconds submerged in water but no more than that.  Hope this helps.

• I was actually curious if this myself

• As the manual states they are both IPX7 certified which means they can withstand submersion up to 1m for up to 30mins.  Why not just do a quick google search or read the manual before asking questions?  I found the info in about 30 seconds.