This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed sensor 2 pairing issue

I bought the Speed Sensor 2 but cannot get it to pair with the Garmin Connect app.

• I spin the sensor a bit to get it to wake up
  • I tap on Add Device
  • It recognises the sensor and says “Speed Sensor 2 found”
  • I tap on “Connect it”
  • It then says “Connecting to Speed Sensor 2”
  • Then I get the message pairing failed

I tried literally everything from retrying, rebooting phone, rebooting app, clearing cache, reinstalling the battery, etc.

Nothing works. And with all the effort I put in the device got some scratches on it so I can't even return it :(

Please help!

• I have the same issue... finds the sensors but then hey pairing failed 

• I have the same issue, 

I too scratched mine taking the battery in and out. And i AM going to return it regardless.

Its a piece of junk. Should have got the Wahoo. But i thought because i already use the garmin conect app this would be the perfect fit. 

WELL, you would have thought so . Turns out apparently not. 

Well pissed off!

• Yep, here too. Also having massive connection issues with Zwift which coincided with the May firmware update; however, I’m now having issues with not one but two Speed Sensor 2’s and connect. It’s really, really annoying, and is intermittent as one sensor won’t connect to my phone as you describe, but will connect to my wife’s.

Does anyone know when the last firmware came out? As below I would’ve bought someone else’s sensor if I didn’t have so much Garmin kit already, as it was a Zwift lockdown purchase rather than to work with my Edge.

• Same issue here ! .. No connection to Garmin Connect .. appear and work only once and then no signal ... no connection ... NO SENSORS !

• And Garmin seems little interested in solving it. 

My guess is a batch of defective devices went out from a manufacturing plant. Since they partially work (usually through the head unit) they will not recall. Sucks we all had to pay full price for a device that partially works. 

• Has this been fixed?  I’m experiencing this issue with a speed sensor I just purchased this week