This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The cadence cover will not lock back in place

I have replaced the battery before without a problem.

This time I took the old battery out replaced it correctly, then carefully aligned the small indicator mark with the open position and tried to close / lock it back in place.

No luck it will not move in order to lock it back in.

I have also even tried a second manufactures battery.

Help please

• Had the same issue. Sensor is 6 years old and I replaced the battery probably about every year. This time, cap won't screw back. I cleaned it all over, couldn't see any distortion of the plastic grooves on the cap or the sensor. I even tried cleaning out with utility knife, pressed down very hard when screwing back in but to no avail. Something is hitting and I can't figure out what. Garmin support was very friendly and I ordered a new one but just see what went wrong. I am guessing some tiny plastic groove was bent or something but it all looks fine to me.

• I can not get cover to lock either - there are no replies here doesn't Garmin help their customers? 

• This is a user group. You need to contact Garmin support for assistance.

• I'm having the same issue, on 4 lots of sensors on two bikes! It should not be that difficult to put a lid back on! I really don't feel like shelling out £120 on two sets of sensors because the lids don't screw back on correctly becuas I had to change the batteries!

• I ended up buying a new one. Very poor. I have 2 road bikes also and must deal with them both.

• I've never had a problem replacing the battery on the sensors. There are several videos on Youtube that show how it's done. Does the green led flash when you install the battery?

Also, some batteries have a coating on them that needs to be wiped off. The coating is there to make the battery more child proof with a bitter taste.