This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed and Cadence Sensor 2 not transmitting data over bluetooth

I have a Speed Sensor 2 and Cadence Sensor 2. 

I have connected them to my Fenix 5 via ANT+ and they work fine and I see speed and cadence data coming through. 

I have also successfully connected them to various apps on my iphone via bluetooth (Cyclemeter and Ride with GPS). I can see the sensors in the apps and all seems to be good. Except I got not actual data from the sensors. Speed and Cadence are zero. 

Maybe I am missing something in the setup? But seems odd to me that with two separate apps they don’t work. 

I have another thread on this forum regarding the same speed sensor and the fact that it keeps failing to pair with the Garmin Connect mobile app. Not sure if these two issues are related?

Has anyone seen this issue where the sensors connect fine to apps but no data is coming through?

• Have you found a solution?  I have the same problem with the Cadence Sensor 2. I think the problem is the bluetooth connection to the iphone -- perhaps caused by an update to iOS.  I have no issue using ANT+.  I also have no issue connecting directly to AppleTV via bluetooth when using Zwift.  However, when I use the Zwift companion on my phone, the sensor seems connected to the phone, but Zwift shows "No Signal." I also (briefly) tried using the bluetooth connection to my Wahoo cycling app, and while the app "finds" the sensor, it does not show any readings.

Everything was working fine until May or June.

• could you found a solution. Last week I bought speed and cadence sensor. Zwift paired with devices but there is no signal from sensors. 

• I bought a Cable from NPE, connected all the sensors to the Cable, then via the Cable to AppleTV/Zwift. This solution worked perfectly. 

• I saw another thread that mentioned two workarounds: use an older iOS device or use a non-Garmin heart strap.  I used an old (2016) iPad and it worked.  Correct data flows to cycling apps Sufferfest and FulGaz.  Apparently many people have been experiencing this issue since a November iOS update.  Garmin must know about it but hasn’t even given it’s customers any acknowledgement that the problem exists.

• Old thread but... I'm having the same problem. Initially on my android phone.. but was working on my android tablet (in zwift). After installing Garmin Connect onto the tablet and pairing my speed sensor im getting the exact same issue in zwift. So seems Connect is the root cause here. Now to figure out why...

Update: fixed on the tablet but not phone. Un-paired sensor from Connect and android BT. Then cleared cache for BT and rebooted.

• Oh my goodness! THANK YOU! I have been fiddling with these darn sensors for HOURS trying to get them to connect and transmit to my iPhone 11 Pro. After scouring the forum and seeing your reply here, I pulled out my older iPad and BINGO! They paired to the Wahoo Fitness app on the first attempt and immediately started transmitting both speed and cadence to Wahoo Fitness! I'm so happy I could cry! Joy

• SOLVED

I had the same isse with my iPhone 10 with IOS 14.5. I solved the problem by resetting the iPhone to factory and re-install everything form scratch (downloading each single app I had directly from the apple store and NOT using my backup). NOTICE: when I tried to restore a backup version of my IOS the sensor did not work.

• I keep having this issue with Sony Xperia 10ii when trying to use Zwift or Rouvy. Speed sensor 2 connects, but shows "no signal" and "connction failure", and no data comes through.

• Have the same problem, it woks fine until the las android update on my Galaxy A52

• Have the same problem, it works fine on my Galaxy A52 until last android update