This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unacceptable lifespan of hearth transmitter strap

I purchase a Garmin strap transmitter at the end of 2018. This was to last 3.5 years with the installed battery. Recently, after about an hour of riding the transmitter showed an abnormally low reading. I checked the battery, which was not exhausted, but I installed a new one just to be sure. On the next ride exactly the same thing happened.
This same situation had happened on my previous strap.
Then on my next ride I used a new transmitter purchased in fall 2019, and it worked normally.
My rides are of normal duration and frequency so the transmitter should have lasted at least for 3.5 years. The problem is that even with a new battery installed the problem persists.
Any recommendation on this issue are appreciated.
  • Not sure if this will help you or not, but every so often we are supposed to wash the strap with mild detergent.  If you haven't done so, maybe give that a try.

I recently replaced my hrm and strap that was purchased mid 2016; mine lasted about 3.x years.  My strap was pretty worn (the plastic was warped), but the reason I replaced mine was the transmitter died.  I used to keep the transmitter on while rinsing and washing, perhaps it got water in it.

• Thanks for yr response.

I have followed Garmin’s washing recommendations, and the strap is in good condition.

what puzzles me is that it works for about 2h and then shows a low reading even with a new battery installed.