This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed sensor 2 flashing alternately red and green

Hi all,

I've a brand new speed sensor 2 (amazon), but I don't can pair it correctly booth phone and my garmin forerunner 645.

So, I tried to pair it to Garmin Connect on my iPhone, but without success. So I disassembled and reassembled the battery. I tried several times. At the end the sensor pairs, but the App was unable to update the firmware of the sensor.
Then, I have paired it with my Forerunner. At first it seemed ok, but riding with my bike, no data had been recorded.

Then I saw that the sensor led was flashing alternately red and green for seconds.

what can be the problem?

Thanks

• Hi I have the same exact issue, red and green light on my speed sensor, cadence not picking up data.

Not able to pair

• I'm late to the party, I've had the same issue, I suspect the root cause is because I updated my Garmin 530's software, but my bike was in the garage so the sensor softwares did not get updated. What I did was:

1. Reset Garmin 530 back into default setting

2. Delete Garmin Connect on my phone and re-install

3. Remove the paired Garmin 530 on my phone

4. Boot up Garmin 530 and open Garmin Connect to start the paring process, then re-connect all the sensors

5. it worked, now the speed sensor flashes green only

• Even 3 years later, the speed sensor is an absolute nightmare to update. Mine gets stuck in this state almost every single time I try to update from the Edge device. It will start the update process, get some random percentage into it and then get stuck and fail saying it can't connect to the device. This happened with a 530, now it happens with a 1040.

The speed sensor update process is absolute garbage and someone at Garmin should fix it.

Removing the battery for a few seconds will restore it back to a normal state. Then I'm able to add it via BT to my phone/Garmin app and update it that way after a few tries. I usually just remove it again afterwards as otherwise I get these random little "short rides" that are logged by the speed sensor alone without the Edge.

• My success for updating the speed sensor was to disable Bluetooth on my phone during the process.  I also have WiFi turned off on the phone and Edge anyway while using, so this might also help cut down on interference.  Once I've done this I've been 100% successful in updating three different speed sensors.  I just ride some circle around my driveway while it uploads, it has generally only taken a few minutes each.  I think once it appeared to have timed out but when I went into my sensors list it showed it had indeed updated.  

• My success for updating the speed sensor was to disable Bluetooth on my phone during the process.  I also have WiFi turned off on the phone and Edge anyway while using, so this might also help cut down on interference.  Once I've done this I've been 100% successful in updating three different speed sensors.  I just ride some circle around my driveway while it uploads, it has generally only taken a few minutes each.  I think once it appeared to have timed out but when I went into my sensors list it showed it had indeed updated.  

When the upload is complete you can turn Bluetooth back on for your phone.  Also agree, you don't want the speed sensor directly connected to the phone, that is a nightmare of duplicate and erroneous activities.