This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cadence/Speed ANT+ vs Ver.2

I have a non-smart bike trainer for winter fitness rides, also I have two sets of ANT+ cadence/speed sensors paired to my Edge 1030.

Recently I got to my attention that riding with an interactive program may be more fun instead of staring in a basement wall, this Zwift thingy attracted my attention.

I have a spare tablet (Huawei Media T3) but it is not supporting natively the ANT+, I have couple OTG (on-the-go) cables and tried to connect my ANT USB dongle, but Zwift is just endless rolling the search for the sensors. IPBike on other hand found both of sensors with a small elbow greasing and works.

Zwift support is telling me the "H" tablet may not be on supported hardware list because of the ANT+.

OK, now I must make move:

1. get myself a new set of BLE Bluetooth cadence/speed sensor and test if I can still keep that tablet?

2. Move my bike (and the trainer) upstairs to second floor where is my "computer room", try to connect the ANT+ dongle to my Windows PC, but my family was complaining earlier that trainer is just way too laud and the floor just amplifies the vibrations.

3. Move my PC to the basement where I can ride in my own "piece and quiet" but again that ruins my online comfort time again, and I would need to pull a new network cable as well...

So, back to OP,

Is that Zwift so power hungry that shall run on PC only, or a new Ver.2 sensor set can be easily connected to an ordinary tablet? From price point a BT sensor set looks cheaper solution vs getting some other screen, or vs getting a real small trainer which I am trying to go around somehow....