This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cadence Sensor 2 - can be connected to Garmin Connect?

Former Member
Former Member

hi,

just installed Speed 2 and Cadence 2.

pairing with 6X no problem.

I paired the speed sensor with Garmin Connect (GC), found in GC list Speed Sensor 2.

all good.

why the Cadence 2 is not listed in GC?

no need to connect to GC? what about software update then?

just asking,

robert

• The cadence sensor is not designed to be updated, which is why it will not show.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to aweatherall

thank you! appreciated!

• I'm having the same issue Robert, I've been searching the forums for an answer too!

All I see in Garmin Connect is the Speed 2 sensor which is named Gen3 BSCM but cannot locate the Cadence 2 sensor. 

To confuse matters it shows on the DC Rainmaker site that he gets the Cadence sensor to show on Garmin Connect when intiialy setting up which I couldn't do either. 

I wonder if this is a new issue?

It pairs fine to my Edge 520 Plus and to my laptop for Zwift so ultimately not a huge issues I guess.

Dom

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to DomUK

here is something I found in the DC Rainmaker review comments...

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/04/garmin-speed-cadence-sensors-v2-with-ant-bluetooth-smart-in-depth-review.html

(search for "Sultar" on the page... )

robert

Sultar
    May 18, 2019

Anyone had issues with pairing the Cadence Sensor 2 with an Android phone? This sensor is not on the list of available devices in the Connect app. The sensor works since its LED lights up after a few revolutions of the crank.

I had no issues with the Speed Sensor 2 since it’s on the list.

• DC Rainmaker
      May 19, 2019

The cadence sensor doesn’t show up as a pairable sensor in Garmin Connect (only the speed sensor at this point). That’s because Garmin Connect Mobile doesn’t record workouts by itself (except for the speed sensor).

Whereas if you were to use a 3rd party app (for example, Strava), it’ll find it.

• Glad you got to the bottom of it! Cheers

• Hi, I’ve bought the sensor 2 speed and cadence sensors also. I cannot get them connected to Zwift? Has anyone got any tips to what I’m doing wrong? 

• Hi Pam, what device are you running Zwift on? For PC you'll need an Ant+ usb dongle to pick up the two sensors. I got an official Garmin one second hand of eBay and works perfectly, however there are plenty of cheaper alternatives too

• Hi, thank for coming back. I’m currently trying to run it just on my iphone? Tho I’m thinking can I run it on my iPad possibly? 

• once you setup the speed sensor on the  garmin connect app you should be good. Rotate the peddle and wheel 2 times. Open Zwift and during the initial load add the speed sensor and cadence sensor separately

• I too was able to find and connect my cadence sensor on the connect app. It even gave a Bluetooth dialog asking for permission to pair. And in the iPhone Bluetooth settings list you could find the device after connecting on Connect appy. It was called "CAD_xxxxxxxxxxxx".

I had to get a replacement set because the speed senor i received wouldn't connect. Since getting my replacement I have not been able to replicate connecting the cadence sensor again. I thought maybe the key is to turn off the speed sensor and then find devices, but that hasn't worked yet.I just want to make sure it recording all the data. I paid extra for the cadence sensor and I don't want it be a waste.