This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cadence sensor won't fit!

Hi all,

I just got an Edge 830 sensor bundle. When i went to install the cadence sensor, i found that it won't between the crank arm and the frame on my Trek Checkpoint. No position on the inside of the crank arm will fit. I guess i could put it on the outside of the crank arm, but that will surely be annoying and I'll eventually kick it off. Any other creative ideas? Bummer :/

Also, my speed sensor arrived with a dead battery, but that's not the end of the world.

• same prob with mine...ended up putting it on the outside of the crank arm. lasted 2 rides before I lost it. used the app to locate it again Slight smile

• is this effective? because mine wont fit also on canyon cf slx with super record 12 groupset. I tried putting it outside the crank.  Which is a better solution?

• I have had the same issue with the latest Campagnolo 12 speed cranksets on two different Cervélo framesets. It's not a very elegant solution but I've jfound that the only way it will work is to put it on the outside of the non-driveside crank arm. If you put it relatively close to the crank axle it works fine and there are no issues with kicking it off or it interfering with my pedalling action. I've been riding my C5 like that for about two and a half years. I'd like to find another cadence sensor that would work on the inside of the crank. The Cateye cadence/speed sensor would fit the bill but I don't want anything so bulky and unattractive hanging off my bike so for the time being I am going with this solution.