This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cadence sensor - Dead after battery change

Hi, 

I have got a cadence sensor and have now changed the battery. As I read on Garmin website, I did the following: 

1. Move the cover of the battery to "Unlocked" and take off the battery with the cover. The white plate and the sealing ring remained in the cover. 

2. Removing the battery from the cover with a knife. 

3. Wait 1-2 minutes

4. Click in a new CR2032 battery (take care of the correct + and - side, but I didn't take care of which position to click in the battery

5. Move the cover of the battery to locked

6. Ride 200-250 meters

But now the sensor doesn't pair with my Fenix 5 anymore. I already tried deleting the sensor and adding it again. Also I tried out the old original battery - both things don't work. 

Do you have any tips for me? What is the reason why it is dead now?

Thank you very much. BR,

Bernhard

• Same to mine! (Cadence sensor type I)

Change battery, it looks to work. Led flashes, can make connection with my Vivoactive HR. But then within, about 10, minutes it's dead (again)

tried now 5 NEW batteries. and quit using my candence sensor.

I've thought about change my Vivoactive for a 945 and buy the new type Candence & Speed sensors …. but i read so many problems that still waiting.. this sensor problem doesn't help either.

• I think we have all went by the instructions on replacing the battery and still no luck . This time I made a point of buying a good  branded name like Duracell , in my case I bought an energiser battery , worked 1st  time. 

• I found a solution that worked for me.

The problem with the design is that the battery cover will install two ways. One is where the projecting tab points to the lock-unlock symbol, and the other where there is a short line embossed on the cover that points at the lock-unlock symbols. The second is the correct way to install the cover. The projecting tab will be at the bottom. Garmin should not have designed the cover so it can go on the wrong way and render the sensor inoperable.

• For anyone looking for solution, this is the video I've found on youtube on how to change the connector from the cap.

www.youtube.com/.../eXLsG9ZzRiQ

• I had problem to get connection after removing the old battery. Must have bent the brass connector, but after some research on youtube I managed to see how to bend it back and how the brass cage shall be possitioned. Really bad design.