This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recovering on a cyclette: Fenix 5 + HRM-Run, what can I measure by adding sensors ?

Hi,

I'm going to spend some time on a cyclette before getting back to run. As I already have a Fenix 5 and an HRM-Run belt, what can I measure while making activities on a cyclette to monitor progress over time, by adding sensors ? The only thing I can think of is Garmin's cadence sensor and see if, over time and using the same program, my cadence improve. I get the speed sensor can't be installed on a cyclette for obvious reasons.
Is there anything else ?

Thanks in advance
BR
Peppe
  • Cadence is not a good indicator of fitness improvement, unless you always use the same resistance on the bike. You could try to install pedals with a power meter, but frankly, this would be an overkill, financially and technically.
  • Thanks for your opinion. I agree with you about the pedals, and also about the cadence, that's what I meant when I said observing cadence over time using the same program (resistance).

I still wonder how to track the cyclette activity on my Fenix 5 and Garmin Connect. I'd swear there was a cyclette activity to use, but I can't find it (the nearest is Indoor Bike, but I'm not sure it's the same thing).