This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed sensor spikes

Hello

So lately I have had this issue with my speed sensor (magnetless) where when I stop pedalling, my speed just goes of the chart and it speeds up to 50 to 60 kmh. After a few seconds it than goes back to normal.
I've had this issue for 4 to 5 weeks but haven't used the sensor anymore for the last 2 weeks. Unfortunatly I'm not really satisfied with the speed calculated by gps anymore and what to use my speed sensor again. But I would like to get this fixed before I use the sensor again.

The problem started a month after I changed the battery and 2 rides after I started using my powermeter. First I though this was issue but now I'm conviced this can not be the issue. Only thing I can think of is that I'm using the speed sensor from the edge 520 bundle with the edge 1030.

You can find a clear example of the issue in the attachments.

Cheers! ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1374748.png
  • Had the same issue with a wahoo speed sensor with my Edge 130 when I pulled over to let cars pass on back roads, set the tyre size to manual rather than auto and have not had a problem so it might be an issue with auto-cal.
  • I used my 530 edge for the very first time today. I have the exact same issue on both rides I logged. When I stop pedaling I get a spike in speed up to 70kph. I'll try the suggestion below tomorrow and update my reply.

• finally got fed up with it this weekend, changed sensor to manual. Its even worse now, could also be the new firmware update. Everything is off, now gps tracking is FUBAR, speed spikes, wrong HR reading, elevation issues. I'm thinking i got sold a lemon.