This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GSC10 and Edge1000, speed not working

Hello,
AFAIK, Garmin sensor GSC10 is compatible with garmin Edge 1000.
I've correctly installed the GSC10 sensor(place the GSC10, the pedal magnet
and the spoke magnet). I've paired the the GSC10 with the Edge1000. I've added Sensor -> Speed/cadence
in my Edge1000.
I've set up manual calibration of the wheel.
When I spin the back wheel, the Edge 1000 was giving the cadence, but not showing the speed.
I've replaced the battery(bought a new one) but this didn't help.
Is GSC10 sensor(Speed/cadence) compatible with Garmin Edge1000, if yes, how can I install the GSC10
to pick up speed on Edge1000 during Indoor training?
  • How did you check the wheel magnet was correctly placed? Did you see a green light flashing as the wheel magnet passed the sensor arm?
  • When you spin the back wheel you get cadence? Have you fitted the GSC10 the right way round?
  • I think, I the wheel magnet was correctly placed. There is no flashing light when the wheel spoke magnet passed the sensor arm, but I see the light when the pedal passed the sensor.
    I removed the wheel magnet, I tried to move(manually) the magnet near the sensor arm(the outer side), then there was a flashing light, and the Edge1000 showed cadence(e.g. 140rpm) but still no speed.
    When I spin the back wheel, I get cadence correctly.