This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Speed Sensor died after replacing a new CR2032 battery...

This is the new Speed Sensor (not the GSC10 model) and its no longer functioning and is already out of warranty, any inputs on how to troubleshoot it? it was working perfectly before the old battery runs out. i waited like 5 min (reset mode) before replacing the new battery but its not helpful.
  • Can you post a picture of the inside of the door?

This is the battery cover.ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1346557.jpg
  • The connector in the door is damaged. The connector bar opposite the 3 vertical bars should be laying down flat across the cut out. The one on your door is slight off center and is upright.

See the image below for how it should look.

• So this is the culprit.. i tried to flattened the tiny contact, a flashing green light appears but that it, it should be like red and green right to pair right?
  • The LED does not show a pairing mode. It is always ready to pair when awake.

From the manual.

The LED flashes green for 5 seconds to indicate activity after 2 revolutions.
  • The LED does not show a pairing mode. It is always ready to pair when awake.

From the manual.

The LED flashes green for 5 seconds to indicate activity after 2 revolutions.

Unfortunately just the green light is flashing a couple of times, i tried it on the wheel and rotate to pair it, no red light flashing... i guess the contacts on the cover is messed up... Do Garmin sell just the cover or perhaps a spare cover?
  • The unit never does a red flash as far as I know. Where are you getting the information that it should give a red flash?

If it was previously paired then it should still be paired. Changing the battery does not affect the pairing.
  • The unit never does a red flash as far as I know. Where are you getting the information that it should give a red flash?

If it was previously paired then it should still be paired. Changing the battery does not affect the pairing.

I need to pair it to a new Garmin device, there should be a flashing green and red in pairing mode , but only a couple of green light flashing after i install the cover then no more. I think this needs a battery cover replacement.