This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed Dropouts on GSC10: Recovering Data

I had lots of dropouts on a ride today where my 1030 suddenly started showing 4-6mph. After the ride, my total distance was 2.5 miles lower than the 10 other riders, and average speed was about 0.7mph lower. I assume I lost the data when the GSC10 was disconnecting. I see that this issue has been covered elsewhere before, but I don't see answers to my questions:

1. Can I recover this data by having the 1030 revert to speed and distance calculated via GPS? (Or is it that once the speed/cadence sensor is connected, the head unit does not capture that data via GPS?)

2. I haven't had a chance to replace the battery or fine tune the magnet location (though I think it's fine). I guess my question (based on similar experiences out there) is whether there's a sense that a battery replacement typically fixes this issue, or if it's more likely that the unit is no longer functional. I've read a bit about failures of internal elements in the sensor arm and am wondering how to diagnose if that's the issue.

FWIW, cadence reporting from the sensor seems just fine.

Thanks.