This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensors Dropping

Hi, I've tried searching for help on this topic, and none of the solutions worked for me in those old topics. My sensors are around three years old. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to ride my trainer after not being on the bike for a few months. I've ridden it four or five times since, and every time, my sensors have dropped and come back repeatedly throughout the ride. I've changed the batteries, so those are brand new. I've used my Garmin Forerunner 935 and my Edge 25, and it happens with each one. The sensors don't drop at the same time either. I've attached a screenshot of my last ride so you can see when they drop. Any thoughts? ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1303219.png
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    I'm going through something similar with my sensors and edge 500. I'm using the magnet less speed and cadence sensors and since about mid January i've been experiencing the same as you. It is mostly the speed sensor just stops having any read out on the edge screen but then comes back. No disconnect or reconnect messages ever. I did an hour this morning and when i look at the activity it thinks my moving time was only 50mins. I never stopped pedaling for the full 60mins. Image attached

I've tried changing the batteries to new very good batteries and still persists. Not changed anything at all on the garmin edge. Both sensors and also the heart rate one connect instantly when i start the edge and start pedaling to wake them up. I've no idea what to do now other then perhaps a full reset of the edge.
    ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1304267.jpg
  • Hi guys,
    did you find out anything particular in the meantime yet?

Just experiencing the same issues you both have with my Bontrager Trek Duotrap S which combines Cadence and Speed in a single device. First I was using Panobike for Android which relies on Bluetooth LE data only and never delivered correct Speed data. When I bought the Garmin Edge 25 I though that the combination of ANT+ and Bluetooth LE which might have caused interferences would be gone, but it obviously had no effect. Then I suspected my mobile phone to interfere with either one of the signal types, tested a lot but it turns out to stay the same regardless of the type of protocol I use (even ANT+ only with Edge 25), environmental circumstances, battery change, mobile phone interference.

We have another bike with Duotrap S sensor and that works fine. The only thing left to test out would changing the spoke sensor magnet...

I will let you know once I have found something that brings improvement.
    Cheers,
    BJciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1326628.png