This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Indoor Biking

I have the speed and cadence sensors installed correctly, but recently started doing some indoor biking. My question is related to the 235 and 810 as I get two different distances from the two devices. I was wondering which one is more accurate. I know the 810 is specifically for biking, but you think the distances would be somewhat close, but there is about a 1/4 mile difference. They start to separate distance around 1.25 miles. Any info appreciated...thanks!
  • The sensors property pages (on each of the 235 and 810) for the speed sensor will have a field for the wheel circumference. You need to make sure they are both set to a nominally correct value. If you're not going outside in the near future, just set them both to 'manual' and 2096 mm, and you should then get pretty similar results. A 700c x 25 wheel/tire combination will be pretty close to 2096.
  • Thanks for the reply. I never even thought of putting in the wheel circumference on the 235 for indoor biking. Just did it and we'll see how they match up on the ride today.