This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed sensor not sending data

Former Member
Former Member
Hi all,
I've just bought a bundle with the 2 magnetless sensors. The cadence one worked perfectly from the first try. But the speed sensor is a real pain. Although I can pair it easily and the computer detects it as connected it does not send data, at least not in real time. I start spinning the wheel, I see no green flashes, but after around 1 minute I get some sort of speed reading which updates maybe once 20-30 seconds. Tried with 2 batteries, it flashes green-red-green but then no more flashes when on the wheel.

Any suggestions?
  • Have you set the wheel size manually or is set to automatic? If it is automatic then you need ride then need ride around 1 km in fairly straight path for the Edge to determine the wheel size.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    I have the wheel size set manually.
    I'm trying to connect it to a navi2coach computer, which it shows to be compatible with on thisisant.com and which worked perfectly with a bunch of other sensors including the current Garmin cadence sensor. It is only the speed one not wanting to work, I think the accelerometer inside is broken, the manual and reviews say that the sensor will flash green after 2 revolutions of the wheel. Mine never did. Although it initializes correctly after putting the battery back in.
  • I've got the same issue. Have you got to the bottom of it? The ANT+ website says the speed sensor and navi2coach are compatible.
    I've just tried it using an ANT+ dongle and golden cheetah on my computer, and the speed sensor is picked up and registers speed changing quickly. So it seems like an issue with the navi2coach.
    I'm also not getting the green LED flashing though. Wonder if that's related?

Anyway, I've emailed o-synce on [email][email protected][/email]