This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

gsc-10 won't pair or reset

Hi All: I have a GSC-10 speed/cadence sensor that's about two years old. I realized recently that my Edge 520 wasn't pairing with it, so I replaced the battery in the sensor.

With a new battery, it still wouldn't pair. I tried pushing in the reset button and noticed the LED flash red once. I then held the reset button in for 10 seconds and the LED still only flashed once. I then started googling for pairing problems, and followed a number of suggestions:
  • Removed battery for 5 minutes
  • put battery in backwards for 30 seconds
  • un-paired sensor from 520
  • un-paired HRM strap from 520 (only other device paired)

None of these attempts had any effect. The sensor just flashes once when you press the button...nothing more, and it's never detected by the 520. The wheel magnet is within 1mm of the sensor (almost brushing the arm).

Am I missing something obvious? Or is the sensor kaputt?
  • The button is not is not a reset, it is a test for the magnets tripping the sensor. After it is pressed the button will flash green when the wheel magnet passes and red for cadence. To reset short the battery terminals by putting the battery in backwards for 10 seconds.
  • The button is not is not a reset, it is a test for the magnets tripping the sensor. After it is pressed the button will flash green when the wheel magnet passes and red for cadence. To reset short the battery terminals by putting the battery in backwards for 10 seconds.

Thanks Tiger...one of the things I tried was putting the battery in backwards to reset it. Nothing thus far has worked.
  • I don't know what else you could do. My guess is the transmitter on the GSC 10 has failed. Less likely it could be the receiver on the Edge. But there is only one and if other sensors are connecting it is working. To be sure you could try connecting to an other persons Edge.