This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed and cadence stopped working had for approx 9 months from new

i cannot believe both have stopped working tried all the tricks to start again, even bought a new 800 garmin as i thought my 500 was gone and not picking up signal. first speed sensor now cadence. can anyone help, impossible to email Garmin. do i really have to by a new set already
  • 9 months - call Garmin support because that is well within warranty period so any replacement should be free.

When you say "tried all the tricks" - please elaborate and confirm whether we're talking about the old combined speed/cadence sensor or the separate magnetless sensors.
  • I'm assuming that included trying new batteries.
  • 9 months - call Garmin support because that is well within warranty period so any replacement should be free.

When you say "tried all the tricks" - please elaborate and confirm whether we're talking about the old combined speed/cadence sensor or the separate magnetless sensors.

HI THE SEPARATE HUB AND PEDDLE, so i heard leaving open for an hour or putting new battery in wrong way etc, spped went first then today cadence would not connect, only heart rate monitor connecting at moment
  • So assuming you changed the battery (either popping it in briefly upside down or leaving it battery free for 24 hours to drain residual charge)...

Is there any obvious (water) damage or dirt inside the battery compartment?
    Do you know for sure the new battery is "good"? (Cheap nonbrand batteries often fail before they get to the consumer, even branded ones have an install-by date)

I just chipped my speed sensor out of the caked on mud around my rear hub (yes it's that muddy here off road and not much better on it) to change the battery and it was simply an out-in operation (once I got through the clart!)

I see your previous post 12 months ago was the same issue... How was that resolved?
  • battery is maxwell as previous one installed, i could go by new batteries, cannot see any damage, have trued reversing battery and also left all open for over a day. i donet even get a red or green light, then the cadence just stopped being picked up by garmin 800, but heart monitor is picked up every time, so i take it signal is fine. i am only on trainer, i might try to go out if weather is better weekend to see if out doors ride brings it to life