This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ANT+ Dongle not seeing sensors

48 year old newbie here.

Installed speed and cadence sensor on bike, 920XT sees them fine, syncs to Garmin connect.

I want to run trainer software, so I installed ANT+ USB stick and ANT AGENT (is this software obsolete?) on a PC (on 3, actually).

ANT AGENT sees the USB stick (says "not found" when unplugged, "found searching for devices" when plugged back in), but just continually says searching for devices and doesnt find the sensors. Tried both a USB extension cable and bringing the sensor to the usb stick plugged in directly. Have tried 3 PCs now without success.

Tried Garmin Express and Golden Cheetah, they seem to do the same. Everything points to the stick talking to the PCs but not finding the sensors.

Any tips on getting this to work? Is there any other tools out there to troubleshoot the usb stick?

Thanks in advance.

cmr
  • I want to run trainer software, so I installed ANT+ USB stick and ANT AGENT (is this software obsolete?) on a PC (on 3, actually).

Ant Agent is not supported anymore, but should work nonetheless.

I think however that Ant Agent is meant for communicating with ANT+ watches ONLY (and not all of them for that matter) for the purpose of transferring data to/from the watch. It will not talk to ANT+ sensors. Which means you just need different software.
  • What trainer software do you wish to run?

ANT Agent is not the way to go. The trainer software if it supports communication with ANT sensors should come with the required communication code built in. (E.g. Zwift, BKool)
  • You also cannot have multiple programs accessing the ANT+ dongle simultaneously - so if AntAgent (obsolete) is running, GarminExpress won't see the ANT+ dongle... if GarminExpress is open in the background (as it is by default) then GoldenCheetah won't see it...

1. Uninstall AntAgent - it's obsolete and has been for over a year now - reboot.
    2. If you need GarminExpress installed - go into Settings (the cog), General Settings and turn off "Always keep GarminExpress running in the background"
  • Thanks

Thanks all, you were all correct. Removed Ant Agent and Garmin Express and ran GC on it's own, and it hooked right up. Now to try the various trainer apps to see which is best to keep the boredom of indoor training at bay.