This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem pairing Edge 1000 and speed sensor (magnetless)

Hi,

Recently I moved my bike inside, put it on a Tacx, including my Edge 1000, a cadense sensor and a speed sensor (magnet less).
The cadense sensor operates as expected. The speed sensor however seems to have deceased, it cannot be found anymore by the Edge.
Things I tried:
- rebooting Edge
- add new sensor, speed
- add new sensor, all
- new battery
- disable wifi

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Sjors
  • When it's outside, which wheel do you have the sensor on? When you say "disable wifi" I assume you mean only the Edge 1000 and not the house?

Typically, the problems like this indoors can be due to interference from things like WiFi routers, other WiFi or Bluetooth enabled devices, etc. If you've moved the sensor from front to rear, it can also be due to that, since the sensor is farther away from the receiver and there's more stuff in between. Of course, indoors when your actual speed and distance are zero you might just want to live without the speed sensor rather than spending time figuring out what's causing the interference.
  • Hi, thanks for answering.
    Outside the sensor is also on the rare wheel. You assumed right, I disabled wifi on the edge.

And you're right about the small benefits of the sensor indoors, but it just irritates me. ;)
  • Have you checked that the speed sensor is actually alive (doesn't it flash the green LED a couple of times when it wakes?) and/or change the battery in the speed sensor?
  • Have you checked that the speed sensor is actually alive (doesn't it flash the green LED a couple of times when it wakes?) and/or change the battery in the speed sensor?

I changed battery! I'm not sure about the green LED, I'll check that later.