This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GSC-10 and new Speed Sensor

Hi,

The speed sensor on my GSC-10 is now faulty and I was thinking of just buying the new Garmin Speed Sensor and pairing it with my Garmin Forerunner 620 - the cadence sensor is working fine.

Can the GSC-10 and the new speed sensor be paired and run at the same time?

Thanks.
  • No is the short answer. The Edge will only use the input from one external speed sensor at a time. So it will either use the spd/cad sensor or the spd sensor. You could just use the cadence from the spd/cad sensor and then the Edge will use GPS for speed, but obviously that will only work when riding outside.
  • No is the short answer. The Edge will only use the input from one external speed sensor at a time. So it will either use the spd/cad sensor or the spd sensor. You could just use the cadence from the spd/cad sensor and then the Edge will use GPS for speed, but obviously that will only work when riding outside.

Thanks for the quick response Alan. I'll have to save a few more pennies then. Only discovered it wasn't working when i stuck the bike on the turbo.
  • Similar problem

Hi,

The speed sensor on my GSC-10 is now faulty and I was thinking of just buying the new Garmin Speed Sensor and pairing it with my Garmin Forerunner 620 - the cadence sensor is working fine.

Can the GSC-10 and the new speed sensor be paired and run at the same time?

Thanks.

I have a similar problem. Have to use a spinning bike because of the inclement weather here in Norway in Winter, but the bike computer doesn't pair with my Egde or Strava of course. So I put a cadence sensor on the pedal and that synced great to the Edge 1000 for cadence. So then I got to thinking can I put a Garmin GSC 10 on the fork and also get speed. That also syncs with the Edge. BUT, I can't get them to both to sync/pair at the same time. Seems there is some conflict or limitations on the Edge to be able to see 2 sensors at the same time.
  • The limitation is that it will only connect to one sensor of a given class at any one time.

The GSC-10 is a combined speed/cadence so if the Edge connects with that then the unit will not connect with either a separator speed or cadence sensor. The converse is also true. If it connects with the separate speed sensor then it will not connect with the GSC-10.

To do what you want to do, you would either need to use a separate speed and cadence sensor or install the GSC-10 so that both the speed and cadence sensor are operating if you want both data streams.