This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GSC-10 Collecting data, but not displaying it.

Hi

I have a problem that I haven't seen anyone else post about:

I have a GSC-10 connected to my Edge 810 - had it for over 2 years, changed the battery a couple of months ago. For about 2 weeks now, my cadence has been showing zero (0) on the Edge 810 itself, whilst in use - but it appears that the cadence data has been collected and is present in my track uploads.
Things I have tried:
  • Powering off/on the Edge
  • 'Forgetting' the sensor and re-paring it to the Edge
  • Replacing the battery in the GSC-10 the 'wrong way round' for a few seconds, and then placing the battery correctly.

The sensor appears to be functioning correctly - in 'test' mode the LED lights up when the wheel magnet / pedal pass the sensor. This problem occurs whether following a route or not.

Any suggestions?
  • If the Edge is recording it, but not displaying it then the problem is with the Edge UI and not the sensor. Try adding one of the other cadence data fields to a training page and see if that displays a value.
  • I've tried displaying 'Average Lap Cadence' and 'Maximum Cadence' - these fields show no data (not even zero).
  • Sounds like it's time for a Master Reset of the 810, what firmware are you using?
  • It sounds like you are using a Connect IQ data field? If so then the resent change in the Connect IQ SDK may require the developer of that data field to rebuild it and repost it to the store
  • Sounds like it's time for a Master Reset of the 810, what firmware are you using?

The latest (I think) - 4.10? (Don't have it with me right now to check). Last firmware update was *months* ago.

AWEATHERALL: "It sounds like you are using a Connect IQ data field? If so then the resent change in the Connect IQ SDK may require the developer of that data field to rebuild it and repost it to the store"

Sorry, but I have no idea what this means. I have only the Edge 810 - I don't use my phone or any other device which might need a reposting of software to a store.

It's actually quite strange - my HR sensor has also been acting up. I've replaced the battery with a new one each month for the past 3 months. The battery seems to last a few weeks, and then seems to run flat. I'm going to buy a new HR sensor this weekend, and a GSC-10 too (if I can find one - the supplier here has only the HR sensor in stock). I'm reasonably sure these 2 problems are not related. Both sensors are about 3 years old - I don't expect them to last forever, and I can quite believe the HR sensor has been affected by something (heat / moisture / shock - who knows?). Maybe they're both just old.
  • Sorry, I must have got my threads mixed up. I thought you were using a920 for some reason.