This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

no magnet speed cadence sensor auto pause issue Edge 800

Dear all

I have intermittent problem with the new magnet-less speed cadence sensor. Usually auto pause works but sometimes it does not. This is very apparent if I stop for a coffee. I have not had this problem with the GSC10 unit I have on my other bike but only on the new bike with the magnet-less speed cadence sensor.

See the attached charts and stats and notice the linear decay when stopped for a coffee.

Any ideas regarding a fix apart from switching the Edge 800 on/off.

Speed sensor on rear hub - going to try if occurs when on front hub.

Thanks
Truck5067
  • There is a recent problem with GC that results in moving time being incorrect. I think that is what you are seeing. Hopefully that will be corrected before too long. You may have to delete and reload the affected activities once it it fixed.
  • Thanks for tip it is a GC problem.

I have just had a ride on my bike that has a GSC10 speed cadence sensor and got the same problem when stopped for about 5 minutes to answer a phone call. So it does seem to be Garmin Connect. I notice that Strava seems to be OK.

Hope Garmin Connect is fixed soon.
  • More information.

The plots of speed, heart rate etc are different using web access compared to the plots from the mobile app (Android). The information in the stats is the same. On purpose I had a coffee break of about 10 minutes.

See attached.