This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

810 + STAGE PM + new Garmin Speed Sensor

i'm getting issues when trying to use my 810 with Stages Power Meter (which has cadence built in) and new Garmin Speed sensor.

sometimes it'll work, but 9 out of 10 times, if one is detected on the 810 for my specific bike profile, the other won't detect.

is there any way to set the 810 to detect ONLY the speed sensor? never had an issue running this setup using the old GSC10... :(
  • I don't have a 810 but there should be a selection under sensor details to choose the type of sensor. Check that "speed only" is selected and not "spd/cad".
  • I don't have a 810 but there should be a selection under sensor details to choose the type of sensor. Check that "speed only" is selected and not "spd/cad".

I checked and looks like it selects both at the same time. :(
  • The option is there. You just need to go a a little deeper in to the menu structure.

I know I have posted this information before. I think even to one of your postings in another thread.

Select the speed sensor icon from the bike profile, then "Sensor Details"

On the next page select "Sensor Type"

This will give you a pick list. Select "Speed"
  • I did a search and landed here. Thanks for re-posting this Alan as I found this thread, but not your other one. Totally fixed my issue.

This isn't exactly intuitive. I thought "Sensor Details" would be the sensor info (ID #, etc) after the Edge found it. No idea that "Sensor Details" applied to looking for a sensor not yet found.

Thanks again Alan!