This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Want to use iPhone 6+ with Garmin's sensors and HRM Run on bike (Strava app). Works?

I'm using the F3 and have a cadence sensor and HRM Run on the spin bike. Getting a new road bike tomorrow and was going to get a speed/cadence sensor and throw that on and pair them and the HRM to the Strava App via ANT+

Except there is no ANT+ dongle for the iPhone 6+ that I can see.

Will the old Wahoo or Garmin ANT+ dongle and a lightning to 30-pin adapter work? Don't fancy dropping cash on it all and being disappointed.

Really want to use the iPhone 6+ and the Strava app. I'm liking the big screen and don't feel the need for an Edge or whatever.
  • The Apple 30pin to lightning adapter will work ... but I wouldn't recommend trying any other brand.

I did try a non-apple adapter and it didn't work at all.

However, you may want to take a look at the Wahoo BlueSC & new magnetless speed & cadence sensors, they broadcast in both BTLE and ANT+.

david
  • The Apple 30pin to lightning adapter will work ... but I wouldn't recommend trying any other brand.

I did try a non-apple adapter and it didn't work at all.

However, you may want to take a look at the Wahoo BlueSC & new magnetless speed & cadence sensors, they broadcast in both BTLE and ANT+.

david

Nice thanks, wasn't aware of the Wahoo sensors. Looking into those now :o