This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue with Magnetless Speed/Cadence sensors and Edge 500

Hi, i bought magnetless speed/cadence sensors few days ago to change my old GSC-10 sensor. And i don't manage to pair it with my garmin edge 500. Magnetless speed/cadence sensors aren't recognized by my garmin. When I put speed AND cadence, the edge 500 says that it is not connected with sensors. When I drive, it recognizes only the cadence and it has bugs. What disturbs me most, it is that I changed the GSC-10 to have more reliable and faster data and I do not even manage to connect it

I hope that you can help me

Thank you
  • The speed AND cadence setting should work. But I seem to remember some posts in the past where selecting speed only or cadence only worked to get one paired. After that the speed AND cadence setting worked. So see if speed will pair with speed only selected.

What are the bugs with cadence?
  • Ok i tried again with only speed and nothing again

for the cadence, the issue is that the figures are not good. When i pedal, the cadence rises, and stops only late. The figures were better with my older GSC-10 than with magnetless speed/cadence sensors. Again, there was cadence only. I don't know if the hub of my wheel is a problem. I have Vision T30 wheels campagnolo

In the system, I did again the initial settings. And at the beginning, it recognized a few seconds the speed sensor and the cadence sensor then disappeared. Just the cadence sensor is recognized.
    Do I have to reset?
  • i managed to pair them with my garmin. But there is a latent period (approximately 15 seconds) before the data arrive. How may I fix that?
  • i managed to pair them with my garmin. But there is a latent period (approximately 15 seconds) before the data arrive. How may I fix that?

There might be a delay due to waiting for the sensors to wake up, once the sensors are on the data should be live.