This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Broken tabs on magnetless cadence sensors.

The tabs on two magnetless cadence sensors, installed on two different bikes, have broken off. The sensors then ave fallen off the bike's crankarm.

Am I somehow installing hem wrong? Am I perhaps "too rough" on the cadence sensors?

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Thanks for your help.
  • I can only think that the rubber bands that you are using are too tight and is putting more stress on the mounting tabs.
  • I can only think that the rubber bands that you are using are too tight and is putting more stress on the mounting tabs.

That may be part of the reason, but not all of it. I have three bikes, all with the magnetless cadence sensor. Each bike is equipped the same way but only one sensor fell apart.
  • Does the bike where the tabs got broken have different shaped crank arms to the other 2? I'm thinking that they might be thinner in height so the tabs are getting bent around the edges of the crank arm.
  • Does the bike where the tabs got broken have different shaped crank arms to the other 2? I'm thinking that they might be thinner in height so the tabs are getting bent around the edges of the crank arm.

Alan, all three bkes have the same brand/shape crankarms. Just one sensor had the tabs break so I assuming a factory defect. Garmin promptly replaced it under warranty.

I was just wondering if others had the same experience.