my garmin database manager won't open

when I launch the database manager to do my database updates, it won't open. Are other people having this issue or is it my computer?

• Hello! Garmin is aware that some customers are having issues with the Garmin Aviation Database Manager. We apologize for the inconvenience. Garmin is dedicated to making continuous improvements to the database downloading process. For immediate help, please review this support article that includes troubleshooting stepsTroubleshooting the Garmin Aviation Database Manager

• Of course Garmin makes the simplest task as difficult and inconvenient as possible.  The database manager worked exactly once on my computer and then it threw up an error and would not open again.  It left processes running, but killing them did not solve the problem.  using the installation program to repair the manager also didn't work.  Uninstalling and reinstalling did not work either, so obviously the uninstall is leaving junk behind which is one of the most careless programming habits possible.  I have found one or two places where it left junk and deleted those folders but it will still not reinstall on this computer.  I had to start from scratch on another computer until i figure out what other crap garmin has left behind in the registry or files.

• Did you ever get it working again?  is there a solution?