This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation on latest FWs

Today I just realised that in the last 2 FWs the elevation is quite different from one run to another. See attached some runs on the exact same trail, ok, some were with sunny days, the last one today was little rain and very cloudy. The differences in terms of elevation are quite high, see the last column.

• Hmmm. Not good for you. I assume you’ve contacted Garmin again?

• So just to close the loop, I obtained a brand new MARQ Adventurer via REI (I was still within the 90-day return window) and elevation problem solved.

Interestingly, I am also getting more accurate Pulse OX readings with the new MARQ than my original. Original was often showing me in low-90s. New one shows me above 95 consistently, which is what I see from medical grade equipment readings.

The other issue I had with the original that I have yet to test on the new one was a bum music bluetooth connection when running. Kept cutting out. If that also is fixed with the new device then it looks my original MARQ was a lemon.

Definitely recommend anyone still having elevation issues requesting a new device. 

• Closing my loop, I had a replacement supplied from Garmin.  Straight out of the packing the second watch had the same issues.  I tested for several weeks and it was exactly the same as the first.  Garmin has since refunded and I've moved over to a different Garmin watch which has no issues.  Good service, and I'm very happy with the new watch.  It took a while but if you are having strange elevation issues you should be logging a support case.

• Thanks for the update, and glad to hear you found a solution that works for you. The elevation issue is a nuisance, but this is my favorite garmin watch of all time (and I’ve owned many), so I just ignore it at this point. I know others don’t agree, but I still believe it’s a firmware issue.