This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Titanium straps?

Can someone please explain the difference and pros and cons of the two differnet titanium straps for Marq?

https://buy.garmin.com/sv-SE/SE/p/610842/pn/010-12738-01

https://buy.garmin.com/sv-SE/SE/p/610842/pn/010-12738-20

Thanks!

• First one is complete titanium made.

Second one is a combination of plactic and titanium. A little bit more 'flexible' ...

• So far I have understood but is there any recommendation / experience when and why to use them? 

Wear?

Training?

Fit?

• Good looking  ...

For training I would always use the most flexible silicone ons

If you really want one of the titanium ones the second one should be a little bit better because it is more flexible.

• I've had one of the titanium hybrid bands (the one in your second link) for a few months now.  Essentially each of the titanium links is connected to the next link via a silicone connecting link on the inside of the band (hence why you can see the black line on the reverse side of the band).  This does make the band have some stretch/flex, that a pure metal band does not have.  The hybrid titanium band is not quite a stretchy as the black all silicone band that the MARQ comes with, but it's quite comfortable and the band has a lot of adjustability (relatively small links and the stretch help here).  The wrist HR results seem to be pretty good when I've worn the band during activities too.

• Where is the micro adjustment? I must be blind lol

• How is the wear after 6month? Will it last several years?

• Where is the micro adjustment?

‘Mea culpa’ (that’ll teach me for posting late at night when the band wasn’t in front of me Flushed)  I got mixed up between my Fenix 6X Pro Solar vented titanium band which does have a micro adjustment in the catch (circled in red in the picture below). I’ll edit my post so it doesn’t confuse anyone else reading this thread. That aside, what you can see is the links on the MARQ hybrid band are quite small (relative to other bands) and I don’t recall finding it difficult to get a neat fit when I got it.

• How is the wear after 6month? Will it last several years?

I haven't had it six months (3-4 months now), but so far it it's been solid and the catch mechanism doesn't feel any more worn or loose than when new.  Inevitably it picks up occasional light scratches, but this is not horrendous and no different to my MARQ Athlete titanium watch body or previous titanium watches I've had.

There are some more posts about this band, from a few months back, in this thread https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/marq-series/215536/hybrid-metal-bracelet-release-date/1021865#1021865

• Just thought I'd try to add a video showing the stretchiness; which is the thing that has particularly impressed me about this band over other metal bands I've had, and why it's sort of suitable for use during activities.

• Hi,

The bracelet seems to scratch easily but does it also scratch the case of the watch between the lugs because I love to change bracelets and I wear my Marq Athlete with brown leather strap that isn't close between them...

Best regards