This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Titanium straps?

Can someone please explain the difference and pros and cons of the two differnet titanium straps for Marq?

https://buy.garmin.com/sv-SE/SE/p/610842/pn/010-12738-01

https://buy.garmin.com/sv-SE/SE/p/610842/pn/010-12738-20

Thanks!

• There’s some very slight rubbing right in the corners, but I’m not sure if this happened with the MARQ’s silicone band anyway. Whilst you can see it zoomed in on a photo, I really don’t notice it in real life once I’ve put the Garmin QuickFit 22 brown leather band on.

• Yes, on my MARQ driver it wore away some of the DLC where the TI bracelet meets the case in the corners. Daily worn since October. The DLC still looks great. To is easier to remove scratches than stainless, so that's a plus 

• Thanks for the clarification!

• How do you remove links from the Silicon titanium band? Does it have screws like the full titanium band? (or pins that needs to be pushed?)

Thanks.

• Pins that need to be pushed, so really easy to adjust.

• The wear after a year on the solid band (that comes with the Aviator) is negligible. It's still a solid well made titanium band, comfortable to wear, a crisply closing clasp and although there are surface scratches they merge into the brushed titanium and just give the watch some character.

It does scratch more easily than my Citizen World Time Perpetual titanium watch, and my titanium Omega Speedmaster, but not enough to be of concern.

• I would echo 5556513.  I also have the Fenix 6 with the Ti band and I don't care for the push button deployment style release.  The Aviator style is a close copy of Rolex's Submariner band with the double lock but without the wet suit expansion.  The Aviator band matches 40 years of muscle memory for me.  I much prefer it.  All of this is pretty subjective.  The Aviator feels more secure.