This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

MARQ - 3.34 Beta Release (Updated 6/12/19)

Hello MARQ customers!

MARQ Athletehttps://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14864
MARQ Aviatorhttps://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14866
MARQ Captainhttps://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14868
MARQ Driverhttps://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14870
MARQ Expeditionhttps://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14872

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of these pages.

3.34 Change Log Notes:

• Account for Daylight Savings Time when searching for a matching time zone.
  • Fixed an issue where the Select Sport option was displayed for non-Athlete watch faces.
  • Edit (06/12/19): the following changes are included in the 2.42 beta GPS software:
    • Improved loss of distance for open water swim activities.
    • Fixed large position offsets in GPS + GALILEO mode.
    • Improved GPS performance for auto-racing activity.
    • Other bug fixes and improvements.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers:

GPS: 2.42
Wi-Fi: 2.60
Sensor Hub: 2.03
ANT/BLE/BT: 3.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the MARQ Collection you have in the subject line

• Installed this beta without any problems. 

Starting with the beta from a few days ago, I am seeing a substantial improvement in Bluetooth performance.

Admittedly, these findings are inconclusive as I have only done two runs with a single pair of earphones. 

Still, my previously unusable Sennheiser Momentum true wireless earphones worked really well this time. I still got a cutout or two but usability went from 5% to 90%.

I will report back when I am done testing this with a few more pairs. Cautiously optimistic though!

• I've reported the bug through all channels available to me, but have not gotten any feedback. There is a bug where if you use nested repeats (custom created workout) it will consistently bug out and skip the current lap you're in after a few milliseconds. 

Setup->

Result in connect.garmin.com ->

Result in the mobile app ->

garmin.connect.com shows all laps as "Run" (every other should be "Rest"). Whereas the mobile app flips them over, showing "Run" (45s) as "Rest" (15s) and vice versa. Incredibly annoying as I do a lot of interval training. This essentially makes me have to stop when it happens and wait for the "Rest" lap to complete before I can continue the interval. 

• The Plantronics Backbeat Fit 3100 are still embarrassingly bad with my watch. 

And those are explicitly recommended by Garmin for use with their watches.. 

• I think I saw over on the Fenix 5+ forum a while back that someone reported the Plantronics 3100 didn't work well with that watch either (which made me glad I went for the Trekz Air headphones rather than the Plantronics jobs).  Shame you didn't get on with the Trekz Air; I know the sound quality is far from best, but that's not the focus of them (situational awareness is).

• Yeah... The good news is that things are slowly but surely getting where they need to be. My Sennheiser TW are performing pretty well now.

Hopefully Garmin keep on working on optimising bluetooth performance. 

• I've run into and reported this as well. I sent in a workout.fit file along with an activity.fit file and only heard back that they couldn't replicate it. I have also seen this bug in non-nested workouts. I have a 5-4-3-2-1 Fartlek workout that I do and have seen the bug in that one as well as my 10x (1m on, 1 min cool down) workout. So while I don't have any solutions, I can say that I feel your pain and I don't think this is universal as the workouts i sent in to Garmin didn't produce a replication. I'm hopeful they will solve as more people use the device (945 also) and report this bug. In the meantime if you want to try one of my workouts to see if youc an replicate, feel free.

Fartlek_workout.zip

• Whilst I’ve not seen this issue myself on the MARQ, it does appear to be an issue for some on the 945 too forums.garmin.com/.../workouts-skipping-intervals

• It does something similar on the watch too (at least in strength training app), where it gives the wrong instruction (i.e. it ignores rest completely and says "kettlebell swings until lap press" instead of "rest until lap press"

Although the entries on connect mobile seem to be correct afterwards.

This has been the case since the very first time they introduced reps/sets and structured strength training workouts (as in, since YEARS), reported numerous times, never corrected

Structured workouts / intervals leave a lot to be desired. The principle is brilliant, but the implementation very buggy.